Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fly Review: Le Bug

This is a productive pattern to have in your fly box.  I've had hits on this all year round.  I'll never forget the huge hit i had on this fly in the middle of winter.  The trout ended up getting off before i could land it, but it looked like a nice football! Use this as a dropper and the trout will be all over it.  I have a few in the black and orange colors in size 18 that seem to work well for me.  The Le Bug works best when fished right off the bottom. 

2 comments:

  1. John, I'm really digging these fly reviews. It's good to see what other people use, and get some new ideas. This one in particular looks great, kind of like a zebra midge with soft hackle. Bet this is dynamite on the EB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey eric,

    Thanks! I figured I would post up some of the fly patterns that have produced trout in the area. The Le Bug is a real buggy pattern that the trout seem to really zone in on. If i see you on the water, i'll give you one. I carry about 8 of these in my fly box.

    ReplyDelete