Wednesday, July 18, 2012

East branch

Was able to get out and fly fish EB for 3 hours.  I had a great time out there, i wish i could of stayed longer. I hooked 2 monster carp.  First one broke me off and the second one took me at least 200 feet up stream running under every fallen tree.  The hook pulled out!  These carp were to big to handle, both looked at least 3 feet long and 15-20 pounds. 

I did manage to land a nice 17.5" rainbow and a 14" rainbow on nymphs.  The 17.5" rainbow had a san juan worm fly in it's mouth. The fly looked pretty recent. I took it out and released the fish.  The 17.5" rainbow nailed a size 16 phlamin nymph and the 14" took a size 14 brass a$$ as a dropper.  The big rainbow fought really well, almost didn't land it!

Enjoy the pics.





No comments:

Post a Comment